1 MINUTE, ONE CHOCOLATE COOKIE - SINGLE SERVE RECIPE
- 14 g (1 tbsp) unsalted butter at room temperature or melted
- 23 g (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 10 g (2 tsp) milk room temperature
- 7 g (2+1/2 tsp) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 38 g (4+1/2 tbsp) all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2-3 squares (15-22 g) dark chocolate chopped, or 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix butter and sugar until well combined and creamy.
- Add milk and mix well: don't worry if it lumps a bit, it will turn out smooth when you add flour.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and miz well until almost well combined.
- Incorporate chocolate chunks or chocolate chips. You get a soft and not sticky dough.
- Form into a ball and place some extra chocolate chunks/chips on top.
- Place the cookie ball onto a parchment paper sheet and, mostly if you live in a hot climate, place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. You can skip the refrigerating time and cook your cookie immediately, it's just going to spread a bit more, mostly if the temperature is high there.
- Cook in microwave at 800 W for 60 seconds. Every microwave is different: If you have a microwave with higher/lower wattage (power), you have to reduce/increase the cooking time for few seconds. Do NOT overcook your cookie or it will turn out hard! It should be very soft and fragile when it's done.
- Cool it down for 5-8 minutes on a wire rack before serve it, because when you remove it from microwave it's very hot and fragile, if you touch it you can break it. You can place some extra chocolate chunks on top when still hot.
I placed my cookie ball dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes before cook it in microwave because it’s very hot here and I wanted a thicker cookie, but if you don’t live in a hot climate or you’re happy with a slightly flatter cookie, you can cook it immediately and skip the refrigerating time.
I often cook this cookie immediately without refrigerating time and always turned out amazingly good!
I used microwave oven for this recipe so you don’t need to waste time with preheating and it’s ready in only 60 seconds, but here I give you some advices:
- Every microwave is different: If you have a microwave with higher/lower power, you have to reduce/increase the cooking time for few seconds. Do NOT overcook yuour cookie or it will turn out hard! It should be very soft and fragile when it’s done.
- If you don’t have microwave you can surely bake it in traditional preheated oven at 180°C-350°F for about 8-12 minutes. Always remember to NOT overbake it!
If you want a perfect round shape cookie, you can use a medium size round bowl, invert it and use the edges to get perfect round cookie edges. Make this step immediately when your cookie is still very hot and soft, and you’ve just putting out from microwave.
This step is absolutely optional, because only you will see it and eat your cookie, who cares if it’s not perfectly round in shape 😀
This recipe is meant to be eaten immediately. Since microwave cook from the inside to the outside (the opposite of traditional ovens that bake outside from the inside), this cookie could turn out a bit dry if you store it.