1 MINUTE, ONE CINNAMON ROLL - SINGLE SERVE RECIPE
- 7 g (1/2 tbsp) unsalted butter room temperature or melted
- 12 g (1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 14 g (1 tbsp) unsalted butter melted
- 25 g (1 tbsp+2tsp) milk room temperature
- 5 g (1 tsp) white sugar
- 50 g (5+1/2 tbsp) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Icing Sugar Glaze
- Powdered sugar
- Water or milk
- In a small bowl mix together butter, sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch until get a thick paste and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl place butter, milk, sugar and miz until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and mix until get a very soft and not sticky dough ball.
- Roll the dough into 9x13cm-3,5x5inch rectangle.
- Spread the filling on top.
- Cut longwise in two strips. Roll the first strip, then roll the first rolled strip into the second strip and seal.
- Place the cinnamon roll into a greased and lined microwave-safe ramekin or a mug.
- Cook in microwave at 800 W for 60-70 seconds. Every microwave is different: If you have a microwave with higher/lower wattage, you have to reduce/increase the cooking time for few seconds. Do NOT overcook or it will turn out hard!
- Slightly cool down 2 minutes before unmold it, drizzle with some icing sugar glaze on top and eat immediately whem still very warm.
I suggest to use a kitchen scale to measure accurately the ingredients. You should get a very soft but not sticky dough.
I rolled the dough into a 9×13 cm rectangle, then cut in 2 strips. If you roll it into a larger rectangle, you can cut into 3 strips to get a not too tall cinnamon roll.
I used microwave oven for this recipe so you don’t need to waste time with preheating and it’s ready in only 60-70 seconds, but here I give you some advices:
- Every microwave is different: If you have a microwave with higher/lower power, you have to reduce/increase the cooking time for few seconds. Do NOT overcook yuour cookie or it will turn out hard! It should be very soft and fragile when it’s done.
- If you don’t have microwave you can surely bake it in traditional preheated oven at 180°C-350°F for few minutes. Always remember to NOT overbake it!
I placed my cinnmon roll into a greased and lined ramekin, but you can also put it into a mug.
I suggest to not let the roll cooking without a mold (ramekin or mug) because it could open while cooking and lose its shape.
You can eat your Cinnamon Roll warm directly fromn the mold (ramekin or mug) without unmold it, I unmolded it just to show you better how nice it turned out!
If you eat it directly from the ramekin, you don’t need to line and grease the mold.