CHOCOLATE CHIP NUTELLA COOKIES
- 10 large teaspoons Nutella
- 110 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 100 g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 175 g (1+1/3 cup) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 g (1 tbsp) cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 100 g (2/3 cup) chocolate chips
- Spoon 10 large teaspoons of Nutella onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 1 hour.
- In a medium size bowl mix together flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large size bowl mix with a spatula the softened butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the egg and mix until combined (don’t worry if it lumps).
- Incorporate with a spatula the flour mix into the butter mix in two times: don’t overmix the dough.
- Incorporate chocolate chips to the dough. If you live in a hot climate, maybe you could need to refrigerate the cookie dough for about 30 minutes
- Use an ice cream scoop (5 cm - 2 inches) and scoop out the cookie dough.
- Flatten the cookie dough ball into a circle and place in the center a frozen scoop of Nutella.
- Fold the edges of the cookie dough circle around Nutella stuffing and roll into a ball. If you live in a hot climate, roll quickly thecookies because Nutella tends to melt quickly or consider to freeze Nutella for minutes more.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough: you’ll get 9 o10 stuffed cookie balls.
- Place the balls onto a lined baking sheet and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Place 5 cookie balls on a lined baking sheet (at least 5 cm-2 inch apart) and bake in preheated oven at 180°C-350°F for 10-12 minutes until the edges will be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you live in a hot climate, roll quickly the cookies because Nutella tends to melt fast, or consider to freeze Nutella for minutes more.
You can consider to refrigerate the cookie dough for about 30 minutes before shaping into balls, the dough will be less sticky.
You can prepare the cookie balls the day before, store in refrigerator, and bake them the day after. You can even store the cookie balls in freezer for about 2-3 months and directly bake them when you need some freshly baked cookies!