CHOCOLATE NUTELLA MUG CAKE
- 30 g (3 tbsp) all purpose flour
- 30 g (2 tbsp+1 tsp) caster sugar
- 12 g (1+1/2 tbsp) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 18 g (1+1/2 tbsp) flavorless vegetable oil Sunflower, Canola....
- 60 g (1/4 cup) hot water
- About 20 g (1 tbsp) Nutella
- In a mug (250 ml - 1 cup) mix together flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder.
- Add oil, hot water and mix until smooth.
- Add Nutella on top and cover it with some chocolate batter.
- Cook in microwave for 55 seconds or until the top is dry.
- Wait few minutes before serve it. You can top with powdered sugar or whipped cream (optional).
Nutella is the perfect adding to this treat since it gives extra moist and sweet hazelnut flavor, an amazing match with chocolate batter!
When you put Nutella on top of chocolate batter, you just need to place some small batter amount on top to cover it a bit. You don’t need to place too much chocolate batter on top because Nutella is heavier than the cake batter and it will sink while cooking.
If you don’t like Nutella or you don’t have it in your pantry, you can just skip it, the chocolate mug cake will turn out irresistible!
Microwave cooks very fast, for this reason it’s the perfect tool you can use for cooking mug cakes, that are quick and easy treats.
I’ve used a Microwave 800 Watt power and my mug was ready in 55 seconds, less than 1 minute! If you have a Microwave with higher/lower wattage, you have to reduce/increase the cooking time for few seconds.
The cake is ready when the top is dry or, if you insert a skewer, it will turn out dry or just with some Nutella. Rememebr to check every tot. seconds your cake because microwave cooks fast and you don’t have to overcook your cake or it will turn out dry!
If you don’t have microwave, you can bake it in air fryer or traditional oven at 180°C-350°F for few minutes. If you decide to bake in classic oven or air fryer, remember to not use a simple mug but I suggest to use a ramekin that is surely oven proof.
This cake is a big serving for 1 person, so you can share it with a friend or just store the leftover at room temperature covered with plastic wrap.