INSTANT CINNAMON BUNS - NO YEAST, NO EGGS
How to make delicious and instant Cinnamon Buns without eggs and without yeast! You can make it in few minutes without rising time!I love to make them in a braided knots shaped using a muffin pan, but you can make them like simple cinnamon rolls and bake in a round cake pan.They are soft and full of cinnamon flavor, it's hard to resist!
- 450 g (3+1/2 cups) bread flour if you use all purpose flour instead of bread flour, you may need to increase the amount of flour
- 75 g (1/3 cup) sugar
- 10,5 g (2+1/2 tsp) baking powder
- 120 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter melted
- 90 g (1/3 cup) unsweetened plain yogurt
- 125 g (1/2 cup) milk
- 60 g (1/3 cup) dark brown sugar (Muscovado) or classic brown sugar
- 40 g (3 tbsp) unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 7 g (1 tbsp) cinnamon powder
- In a medium size bowl, place softened butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and combine with a spatula until creamy. Set aside.
- In a large size bowl place flour, sugar, baking powder and mix until combined.
- Add melted butter, yogurt, milk and combine until get a very soft dough: if it's too dry, you can add a splash of extra milk, if it's too wet and sticky add a bit of extra flour.
- Place the dough onto a silicone mat a or a parchment paper sheet to avoid sticking to the work surface and shape in a rectangle.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin until get a 40x55 cm-16x22 inch rectangle.
- Spread evenly the Cinnamon Filling on the dough.
- Fold the dough in three on the long side.
- Split the folded dough into 12 equal pieces (cut on the short size).
- Cut in three a piece dough and braid it (as you can see in the recipe video below).
- Roll the braid and pinch the bottom to get a braided ball.
- Repeat for every piece of dough.
- Place every braided ball in a greased muffin mold.
- Bake in preheated oven (no fan) at 180°C-350°F for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown: be careful and don't over bake them or they turn out too dry!
- Remove from the oven and cool down for about 10 minutes.
- You can brush the top with some melted butter fod a glossy finish and dust with powdered sugar (optional).
Store at room temperature wrapped in plastic wrap for about 2 days.
This no rise dough is very easy to make and comes together quickly; but because it’s made without yeast and eggs, it’s important you don’t use too much flour or could turn out a bit dry. If you get a slightly dry dough, just add a bit of extra milk.
I made these buns in a braided shape, but you can also make them like traditional cinnamon rolls: just roll the filled dough, cut it into slices and put them into a round pan.
I’ve just sprinkled them with powdered sugar, but you can top these delicious cinnamon buns with water icing or cream cheese icing (like traditional cinnamon rolls).