COFFEE DESSERT PUDDING
- 110 g (1/2 cup) caster sugar or granulated white sugar
- 5 g (2+1/2 tsp) instant coffee powder
- 40 g (5 tbsp) cornstarch
- 500 g (2 cups+1tbsp) milk lukewarm
- 60 g (5 tbsp) caster sugar or powdered sugar
- 10 g (2 tbsp) instant coffee powder
- 45 g (3 tbsp) water room temperature
- 240 g (1 cup) whipping cream chilled
- In a medium size saucepan, place sugar, instant coffee powder and sifted cornstarch. Mix well until combined.
- Gradually pour lukewarm milk and mix until well combined and no lumps.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat stirring often.
- When start simmering, low the heat and let it simmer for about 6 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving cups (I'm using 3 cappuccino cups and 3 espresso cups).
- Cool down at room temperature then put in refrigerator for about 2 hours to chill.
- In a medium size bowl place sugar, instant coffee powder, water and whip with a hand mixer until get a pale whipped mousse.
- Place coffee mousse on top of the chilled pudding and unsweetened whipped cream on top of the coffee pudding in the cappuccino cups and serve it.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, but I suggest a little tip to well dissolve cornstarch in your Coffee Pudding.
Firstable, if your milk is warm and not refrigerated or room temperature, cornstarch dissolves immediately. I also suggest to pour warm milk gradually: start just with 3-4 tbsp of milk and mix until get a smooth paste, then you can slowly pour all the milk while mixing.
It’s also importanto to stir very often your pudding while your cooking over low heat and stir it constantly after starts boiling: so you’ll get a smooth and luscious pudding!
The more you cook your pudding, the more it becomes thick, so cook it for at least 6 minutes over low heat after starts simmering to get firm pudding after the refrigerating time.
Coffee Mousse on top has a strong coffee flavor, but thanks to the sugar amount, it’s sweet. If you love strong coffee with low sugar, I suggest to use only 40 g of sugar in this Mousse.