EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CHIPS NUTELLA COOKIES
- 9-10 large teaspoons Nutella
- 110 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 65 g (6 tbsp) light brown sugar
- 35 g (2+1/2 tbsp) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 30 g (2 tbsp) milk room temperature
- 3 g (1/2 tsp) baking soda
- 180 g (1+1/3 cups) all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 100 g (2/3 cup) chocolate chips
- Spoon 9-10 large teaspoon of Nutella onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 1 hour.
- In a large size bowl, mix with a spatula the softened butter, light brown sugar, caster sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the milk and mix until combined (don’t worry if it lumps).
- Incorporate with a spatula the sifted flour and the baking soda into the butter mix in two times: don’t overmix the dough.
- Incorporate Chocolate Chips to the dough. If you live in a hot climate, maybe you could need to refrigerate the cookie dough for about 30 minutes before scoop it.
- Use an ice cream scoop (5 cm - 2 inches) and scoop out the cookie dough.
- Flatten the cookie dough ball into a circle and place in the center a frozen scoop of Nutella.
- Fold the edges of the cookie dough circle around Nutella stuffing and roll into a ball.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough: you’ll get 9 or 10 stuffed cookie balls.
- Place the balls onto a lined baking sheet and put in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes (if you don’t live in a hot climate, you can skip the refrigerating step and bake directly the cookies).
- Place 5 cookie balls on a lined baking sheet (at least 5 cm-2 inch apart) and bake in preheated oven at 180°C-350°F for 9-12 minutes (until the edges will be golden brown).Remeber: don't overbake the cookies or the Nutella center will turn out dry!
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can make these eggless cookies even without Nutella. You just have to scoop the dough, refrigerate it for 30 minutes (optional) and bake them!
Roll quickly the cookies because Nutella tends to melt fast, or consider to freeze Nutella for minutes more, mostly if you live in a hot climate.
You can prepare the cookie balls the day before, store in refrigerator, and bake them the day after. They keep in refrigerator for two or three days. You can even store the cookie balls in freezer for about 2-3 months and directly bake them when you need some freshly baked cookies!