EGGO WAFFLES - STRANGER THINGS ELEVEN EGGOS
- 450 g (3+3/4 cups) all purpose flour
- 1+1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- In a large size bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl mix the eggs and sugar until the mix will be pale and double in size (you can use an electric mixer for few minutes on high speed).
- Add the milk, water, and oil and mix until combined (don’t use the electric mixer now).
- Add the dry ingredients mix in 2 steps and mix until well combined. Don't overmix! You can use a sifter to avoid lumps.
- Preheat the waffle maker and grease both surfaces with some melted butter or vegetable oil.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter in the waffle maker and close. Cook for about 1 minute. Waffle should not browned to look like store bought Eggos.
- Repeat with the remaining waffle batter.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup on top or your favourite topping.
Let’s follow Eleven instructions in the recipe video above and make her favourite Eggos!
Thanks to my mom’s toaster directly from the 80’s that help me to recreate the vintage mood of the video!
If you don’t have a waffle maker, you can cook Eggo waffles in a nonstick pan like pancakes.