MAPLE SYRUP BLONDIES
Maple Syrup Blondies
- 170 g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 100 g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 150 g (1/2 cup) pure maple syrup
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt or 1/2 tsp depending on your taste
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 220 g (1 3/4 cups+2 tbsp) all purpose flour
- 25 Pecan nuts (optional)
- 25 g (3 tbsp) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Maple Syrup Blondies
- Melt butter over bain marie or in microwave.
- Add brown sugar into the warm melted butter and mix until well combined and almost dissolved.
- Incorporate maple syrup in the mix and slightly cool down.
- Incorporate vanilla and the eggs into the mix.
- Sift in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Gently fold with a spatula until well combined and do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter into a lined 20x20cm-8inch pan and place some pecans on top.
- Bake in preheated no fan oven at 180°C-350°F for about 20-25 minutes (be careful to NOT overbake!). It's ready when the sides are slightly brown but the center a bit soft if you insert a toothpick.
- Cool down completely.
- In a small size bowl, mix powdered sugar with maple syrup (starting little by little) until get a thick glaze and not too runny. If you add too much syrup and the glaze is watery, you can add extra powdered sugar to thicken it.
- Drizzle the glaze on top of cooled down blondies.
- Cut blondies into sqares and serve it.
These blondies are incredibly easy to make but you just pay attention to NOT overmix flour and NOT overbake them!
To get a perfect melt in your mouth brownie and fudgy texture, you just need to not bake them too much. They are ready when the sides are slightly golden but the center is still soft (but not runny).
If you use an electric fan oven and you can’t turn the fan off, you may need to bake them for some minutes less.
Another trick to keep them moist and fudgy even the days after, is to slice them in cubes just when you serve them and not immediately. In this way, the sides won’t dry out and they will keep their moisture.