PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 55 g (4 tbsp) unsalted butter room temperature
- 100 g (1/3 cup+1 tbsp) peanut butter room temperature. You can use Natural Peanut Butter or classic Peanut Butter like "Skippy" brand. If you use the Natural one, mix it very well to emuslify the oil that is separated on top.
- 85 g (1/3 cup+1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 70 g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (56 g) whole egg room temperature
- 1 (12 g) egg yolk room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 160 g (1+1/3 cup) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 90 g (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix butter and peanut butter with a whisk until get a smooth mix.
- Incorporate brown sugar, caster sugar and salt.
- Add the whole egg, the egg yolk, vanilla and mix until well combined and creamy.
- Sift and mix in flour and baking soda. Gently incorporate with a spatula until almost combined: do not overmix.
- Gently incorporate chocolate chips. You get a non stick and very soft cookie dough.
- Use a 5cm-2inch. ice cream scooper and scoop cookie balls onto a lined baking sheet 4cm-1,5inch apart.
- Slightly flatten the top of cookie balls and get thick discs.
- Place extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake immedietaly in preheated oven (fan on, upper+lower heat) at 180°C-350°F for 9 minutes. They are ready when the sides are slightly golden and the top still very soft. If you have a no-fan oven, you should bake for some minutes more. Be careful to NOT overbake: cookies should be soft and they finish baking when you remove it from the oven.
- Slightly cool down into the pan, then completely cool down onto a wire rack.
In this recipe I’ve used Natural Peanut Butter made with peanuts and a small part of coconut oil. Natural Peanut Butter has usually an oily part that is separated on top: remember to mix it very well in the jar before use it to get a evenly smooth and creamy peanut butter.
You can also use classic Peanut Butter (like Skippy brand), it will work fine too. Don’t worry if your peanut butter is runny or more thick than mine, any peanut butter consistency works fine in this recipe: just mix it well before use it, mostly if there are oily separated part.
In this recipe I gave you the weight of the eggs, so you can’t go wrong with the dough and get the perfect consistency that should be very soft but not sticky or wet.
You don’t need to put the dough in refrigerator before form into balls and baking: these cookies turn out perfect even if you bake them immediately as I did in the recipe video above!
If you prefer, you can also put the cookie dough in refrigerator for up to 48 hours before form into balls and bake your cookies, just remember to bring it to room temperature before use it.