PUMPKIN PUREE - NO OVEN!
- 350 g (12 oz) pumpkin you'll get about 250 g (9 oz) pumpkin puree
- Wash and peel your pumpkin.
- Cut pumpkin in medium size chunks.
- Place some water into the bottom part of a Microwave steramer and place the pumpkin chunks into the top part. Microwave for about 10 minutes or until fork tender. If you don't have a microwave steamer, you can use a classic steamer pot: it will be ready in about 15-20 minutes. If you haven’t a steamer pot, you can rost the pumpkin chunks in the oven at 180°C-350°F for about 40-45 minutes.
- When still hot, process the pumpkin chunks with a hand blender until smooth puree.
There are many type of delicious Pumpkins on the market, but this recipe works well for any type of Pumpkin!
Depends on the type, you should use a knife or a potato peeler to peel the skin of your Pumpkin.
Microwave steamer is one of my favourite time-saver kitchen tools. I can cook food in a healthy way in very few minutes starting from raw vegetable, fruit, meat or fish!
This is a large 1kg-2pounds microwave steamer, but you can easily find it in different size, even smaller.
Anyway, for this recipe you can use any kind of steamer you already have in your kitchen.
I suggest to puree your steamed pumpkin when still hot: in this way it will turn out very smooth!
I’ve used a hand blender, but you can also use a food processor. I only suggest to process it using the pulse method, in this way your blad will keep intact the pumpkin nutritive.